Saturday, January 23, 2010

Reply to Email

In general, when you send an SMS text message, you will want to receive the reply to your SMS on your mobile. This setting is called Reply to Mobile in the Handle Replies preference pane. Here you can enter your own mobile number.

However, you can imagine a situation where you do not have a mobile. Or, for example, you lost your mobile or it was stolen and you are in the process of getting a new one. During this time, you might still have the need to send some SMS text messages.

In this case, you can not receive the SMS replies, because you do not have a mobile.

SMS Mac offers a solution.

You can configure SMS Mac such that the replies are sent to your email address instead. In the Handle Replies preference pane, select the option Reply to Email and enter your email address.

Replies that your recipient will send to your SMS will now be redirected to your email address.

You must be aware that the recipient sees an unknown sender ID. This is the mobile number where SMS Mac will pick up the replies, so please be sure to end your SMS text with your name.

3 comments:

Elliott said...

Excellent piece of software, I think y'all will get a lot more business with a flat-rate model. :)

Benoit-17 said...

As far as I could check, the "reply to mobile" does not work on my computer (mac osx 10.6.8):

- when received, sms are marked to be sent from +44 xxxx mobile, not from my own one (+33 xxx).

- on my delivery reports, sms are now marked as "from my email address". Some weeks ago, they were marked as "from my mobile number"

I guess that this issue raised when I updated mac osx from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8

I checked that this issue happens what can be the version of SMS Mac (2.5.1 to 2.5.3)

Albert said...

I ran out of credit on my mobile and used this - nice work!

http://www.canvasartshop.com.au